Machen wir’s kurz – die beste Fast-Food-Option in den USA ist das Gericht „Orange Chicken“ der Kette PANDA EXPRESS. Mehr gibt’s dazu nicht zu sagen…
Hier geht’s zum Originalrezept.
- On a cutting board, cut chicken into 1×1-inch (2×2-cm) cubes and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine salt, white pepper, cornstarch, and flour. Whisk to combine.
- Add the egg, water, and oil until it reaches the consistency of pancake batter.
- Add the chicken to the batter and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy bottom pan to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Gently add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Set a heavy bottomed pot over medium- high heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add in the orange juice and allow the sugars to begin to dissolve in the liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the vinegar and soy sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and water together and whisk to combine. Add to the pan and stir.
- Continue to cook the sauce until maple syrup consistency is achieved.
- Add in the fried chicken and stir until completely coated in the sauce.
- Top with sesame oil.
for 8 servings
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs(905 g)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch(125 g)
- 3 cups flour(375 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups water(360 mL)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups oil(1 ½ L), for frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili flake
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ cup sugar(50 g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar(55 g)
- ¼ cup orange juice(60 mL)
- ¼ cup white distilled vinegar(60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil